Fully Guided 5 Day Hiking Tour
‘Follow the ancient wandering trails of Australia’s coastal emus on the four-day Yuraygir Coastal Walk. This colossal track traverses the coastline from Angourie to Red Rock. The scenery and views along the way are diverse and astounding. You’ll encounter wildlife and wildflowers as you walk past heathland plains, long sandy beaches, tranquil creeks, lagoons, rocky headlands and even a marine park.
Tackle the full 65km with overnight accommodation stops along the way. You’ll never forget this journey through the traditional homelands of the Gumbaynggirr and Yaegl nations, it’s stunningly beautiful.’
National Parks NSW Accredited
|Departure Date||Tour||Duration||Price||Spots remaining|
|Tue, 14 Jul 2020||Yuragyir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU690||2|
|Tue, 11 Aug 2020||Yuragyir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU690||1|
|Tue, 8 Sep 2020||Yuragyir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU690||6 plus|
|Departure Date||Tour||Duration||Price||Spots remaining|
|Tue, 4 May 2021||Yuragyir||Sat, 8 May 2021||From $AU690||1|
|Tue, 1 Jun 2021||Yuragyir||Sat, 5 Jun 2021||From $AU690||6 plus|
|Tue, 13 Jul 2021||Yuragyir||Sat, 17 Jul 2021||From $AU690||6 plus|
|Tue, 17 Aug 2021||Yuragyir||Sat, 21 Aug 2021||From $AU690||6 plus|
Frequently asked questions
The tour is 5 days and 4 nights.
Prices (including GST):
$AU690pp (4 share accommodation),
$AU780pp (twin share),
$AU940pp (single accommodation)
- All accommodation
- luggage transfers while hiking
- Boat and bus transfers
- A BBQ dinner on day 3
- A guide for the five days
- Most meals
- Passport (if applicable), visa (if applicable) and travel insurance
The maximum group size is 12 people plus the guide. A minimum of 4 hikers is required for the hiking tour to proceed.
- Meet at Red Rock at 1.30pm
- Bus leaves Red Rock at 2.00pm
- Arrive Yamba Hotel accommodation around 4.00pm. Free time till 6.30pm.
- Dinner at Yamba Hotel at 6.30pm (own cost)
Day 2 Angourie to Brooms Head
- Mini bus transfer to start of walk at Mara Creek (Angourie) at 8.30am
- Start walking around 9.00am, to Brooms Head (17km, rated Moderate)
- Accommodation at Brooms Head. Shop located nearby.
- Dinner at Bowling Club (Chinese, own cost)
Day 3 Brooms Head to Minnie Water
- Start walking at about 8.30am, to Minnie Water (18km, rated Moderate)
- Arrive at Sandon around lunch time. River crossing is arranged.
- Walk to Minnie Water store – purchase needs for evening and next day
- Walk to Minnie Water Caravan Park. Accommodation in Cabins
- BBQ dinner, beer and wine will be provided
Day 4 Minnie Water to Wooli
- Start walking at about 9.00am, to Wooli (14km, rated Easy to Moderate)
- Arrive Wooli accommodation at about 3.00pm.
- Canoes / kayaks available – explore Wooli River
- Dinner at Wooli Pub at 6.00pm (own cost)
Day 5 Minnie Waters to Red Rock
- Boat crossing arranged at about 8.30am
- Start walking at about 9.00am, to Red Rock (12km, Rated Moderate). The first 4-5km is the most difficult part of the walk. Lots of rock platforms, but it will be close to low tide.
- Lunch at Station Creek, then walk across Station Creek
- Walk to Red Rock. River crossing by small boat is arranged
- Walk finishes about 3.30pm. Drive home!
Bookings can be made online or manually. Click the ‘Book online’ button for online bookings. A deposit of $300 per person will secure your booking.
For manual bookings the bank details for the deposit are:
Home Comforts Hiking
Bookings can be made online or manually. Click the ‘Book online’ button for online bookings. The cost of the trip will be in $US. A deposit of $US300 will secure your booking. If less than 2 months before the start date of the trip, then payment in full will be required.
For manual bookings, I will send you a PayPal invoice. You do not need a PayPal account to make the payment. You just need a Visa or Mastercard to make the payment. Alternatively, you can pay in $AU through a money transfer company such as OFX or your bank, if it is cheaper. In that case use the bank details above.
If you cancel more than 6 months prior to the trip start date we will refund 75% of your deposit. There are no refunds for cancellations less than 6 months from the trip start date.
The balance is due 2 months prior to the trip start date. There are no refunds, due to cancellation, unless the person cancelling introduces a replacement hiker to replace the person cancelling. If a replacement can be found, we will refund 75% of the total paid.
For overseas guests, we recommend that you take out travel insurance that covers cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances, medical costs, and your valuables.
Overall the hike is rated moderate. For inexperienced and less fit hikers, it would be rated moderate to hard. The total distance walked over 4 days of hiking is 65km. Around 50% of the hike is along pristine beaches. We walk at a slow to moderate pace with plenty of breaks and opportunities to enjoy the views and observe the abundant flora and fauna. There is minimal ascent on the hike, just a few headlands to navigate. There are also three river crossings, but these are all supported by local boat operators.
NOTE: Due to recent bushfires (September 2019) the section from Mara Creek (Angourie) to Lake Arragan is closed. We are monitoring the situation regularly. If this section remains closed, then we will arrange transport and alternative hiking to avoid this section.
As we stay in small coastal villages, and we only require one night’s accommodation at each village, the options available are very limited. The minimum pricing is based on 4 people sharing a bunk-room, or an apartment, or a 4-6 berth cabin in a caravan park. When you book and pay for single or twin accommodation, this is what you can expect:
· Night 1 at Yamba – If you book single, you will get your own double room. If you book twin, you will get a twin or double room.
· Night 2 at Brooms Head – If you book single, you will get your own bedroom in a B&B. If you book twin share, you will get a double or twin room in a B&B.
· Night 3 at Minnie Waters – If you book single, you will get your own double bedroom in a cabin. There may be 1 extra person in the same cabin sleeping in the separate bunk area. If you book twin, you will get a cabin to yourselves.
· Night 4 at Wooli – If you book single, you will get your own double bedroom in a cabin. There may be 1 extra person in the same cabin sleeping in the separate bunk area. If you book twin, you will get a cabin to yourselves.
Note that bedding linen and towels are provided at every accommodation we stay at.
There is only one meal included in the cost of the trip, that is a BBQ dinner at Minnie Waters on day 3. These are the arrangements for the rest of the trip:
· At Yamba there are shops and supermarkets to buy any needs. There are lots of restaurants, clubs and pubs for dinner, and in the morning, there are many cafes open for coffee and breakfast. There are no cooking facilities available at Yamba Hotel.
· Our accommodation at Brooms Head is behind the General Store. You can buy items here for breakfast and lunch the next day, as well as snacks. In the evening we go to the Chinese Restaurant at the Bowling Club.
· At Minnie Waters there is a general store to buy goods for breakfast and lunch, the next day. There is no pub, club or restaurant at Minnie Waters, so I will cook a BBQ dinner, including beer and wine.
· At Wooli there is a general store close to our accommodation. There is also a pub close by, where we can have dinner.
Most of our Yuraygir Hikes are supported by a vehicle and driver. There must be 10-12 guests on the supported hikes to cover the costs for this service. On supported hikes, a support vehicle will transfer your luggage (one pack or bag per person, up to 15kg) from accommodation to accommodation, and can also take one or two passengers (if you cannot walk on a particular day). You only need to carry a day pack while hiking, on our supported hikes.
If there are not enough hikers to cover the cost of the support vehicle and driver, then this service will be cancelled and the hike will change to unsupported. Guests that have already booked will have the option to change to another date (with a support vehicle) or to cancel and receive a refund of their deposit, or keep their booking and receive a reduction in price of $100 per person .
There is no support vehicle on unsupported hikes. You need to carry all your gear from accommodation to accommodation. Please pack as light as possible on the unsupported hikes.
- Small backpack with waterproof cover
- One bag for luggage transfer
- Shirts, pants, shorts, underwear, socks
- Hiking shoes and comfy shoes/thongs/sandals for at the accommodation
- Hiking Pole(s)
- Rainproof jacket
- Swimsuit and micro towel
- Money and/or Debit/Credit Card
- Passport (if applicable), Visa (if applicable), Travel Insurance docs
- Phone and/or tablet, camera and chargers
- Toiletries and medication
- Food/snacks can be purchased each day