Fully Guided 5 Day Hiking Tour
‘Follow the ancient wandering trails of Australia’s coastal emus on the four-day Yuraygir Coastal Walk. This colossal track traverses the coastline from Angourie to Red Rock. The scenery and views along the way are diverse and astounding. You’ll encounter wildlife and wildflowers as you walk past heathland plains, long sandy beaches, tranquil creeks, lagoons, rocky headlands and even a marine park.
Tackle the full 65km with overnight accommodation stops along the way. You’ll never forget this journey through the traditional homelands of the Gumbaynggirr and Yaegl nations, it’s stunningly beautiful.’
National Parks NSW Accredited
|Departure Date||Tour||Duration||Price||Spots remaining|
|Tue, 11 Aug 2020||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||Fully booked||Nil|
|Tue, 8 Sep 2020||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||Fully Booked||Nil|
|Tue 20 Oct 2020||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU750||6|
|Tues, 3 Nov 2020||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU750||2|
|Departure Date||Tour||Duration||Price||Spots remaining|
|Tue, 4 May 2021||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||Fully Booked||Nil|
|Tue, 1 Jun 2021||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU750||6 plus|
|Tue, 13 Jul 2021||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU750||6 plus|
|Tue, 17 Aug 2021||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU750||6 plus|
|Tue, 14 Sep 2021||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU750||6 plus|
Frequently asked questions
The tour is 5 days and 4 nights.
Prices (including GST):
$AU750pp (4 share accommodation),
$AU840pp (twin share),
$AU1,000pp (single accommodation)
- All accommodation
- luggage transfers while hiking
- Boat and bus transfers
- A BBQ dinner on day 3
- A guide for the five days
- A support vehicle and driver for the whole trip
- Transport from Sancrox (near Port Macquarie) or Red Rock, to Yuraygir National Park and return
- Most meals
- Passport (if applicable), visa (if applicable) and travel insurance
- Transport to Port Macquarie or to Red Rock
The maximum group size is 10 people plus the guide and driver. A minimum of 6 hikers is required for the hiking tour to proceed.
- Meet at Port Macquarie at 10.45am or meet at Red Rock at 1.30pm
- Bus leaves Port Macquarie at 11.00am and Red Rock at 2.00pm
- Arrive at Yamba accommodation around 4.00pm. Free time till 5.30pm.
- Safety and other information briefing at 5.30pm
- Dinner at Yamba at 6.30pm (own cost)
Day 2 Angourie to Brooms Head
- Transfer to start of walk at Mara Creek (Angourie) at 8.30am
- Start walking around 9.00am, to Brooms Head (17km, rated Moderate)
- Accommodation at Brooms Head. Shop located nearby.
- Dinner at Bowling Club (Chinese, own cost)
Day 3 Brooms Head to Minnie Water
- Start walking at about 8.30am, to Minnie Water (18km, rated Moderate)
- Arrive at Sandon around lunch time. River crossing is arranged.
- Walk to Minnie Water store – purchase needs for evening and next day
- Walk to Minnie Water Caravan Park. Accommodation in Cabins
- BBQ dinner, beer and wine will be provided
Day 4 Minnie Water to Wooli
- Start walking at about 9.00am, to Wooli (14km, rated Easy to Moderate)
- Arrive Wooli accommodation at about 3.00pm.
- Canoes / kayaks available – explore Wooli River
- Dinner at Wooli Pub at 6.00pm (own cost)
Day 5 Wooli to Red Rock
- Boat crossing arranged at about 8.30am
- Start walking at about 9.00am, to Red Rock (12km, Rated Moderate). The first 4-5km is the most difficult part of the walk. Lots of rock platforms, but it will be close to low tide.
- Lunch at Station Creek, then walk across Station Creek
- Walk to Red Rock. River crossing by small boat or kayak is arranged
- Walk finishes about 3.30pm. Drive home!
Bookings can be made online or manually. Click the ‘Book online’ button for online bookings. A deposit of $300 per person will secure your booking.
For manual bookings, please use the “contact us” page to book your spots or make enquiries. The bank details for the deposit are:
Home Comforts Hiking
Bookings can be made online or manually. Click the ‘Book online’ button for online bookings. The cost of the trip will be in $US. A deposit of $US300 will secure your booking. If less than 2 months before the start date of the trip, then payment in full will be required.
For manual bookings, please use the “contact us” page to book or make an enquiry. I will send you a PayPal invoice. You do not need a PayPal account to make the payment. You just need a Visa or Mastercard to make the payment. Alternatively, you can pay in $AU through a money transfer company such as OFX or your bank, if you prefer. In that case use the bank details above.
If we cancel the trip due to NSW Government imposed Covid 19 travel restrictions, then we will refund your deposit in full.
If you cancel more than 6 months prior to the trip start date we will refund 75% of your deposit. There are no refunds for cancellations less than 6 months from the trip start date.
The balance is due 2 months prior to the trip start date. If we cancel due to NSW Government imposed Covid 19 travel restrictions, then we will refund your payment in full or provide you with a credit to use on our other hikes.
There are no refunds, due to cancellation by you, unless you (the person cancelling) introduces a replacement hiker to replace you. If a replacement can be found by you, we will refund 90% of the total paid by you.
For overseas guests, we recommend that you take out travel insurance that covers cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances, medical costs, and your valuables.
Overall the hike is rated moderate. For inexperienced and less fit hikers, it would be rated moderate to hard. The total distance walked over 4 days of hiking is 65km. Around 50% of the hike is along pristine beaches. We walk at a slow to moderate pace with plenty of breaks and opportunities to enjoy the views and observe the abundant flora and fauna. There is minimal ascent on the hike, just a few headlands to navigate. There are also three river crossings, but these are all supported by local boat operators. There is also about 4km of walking along rock platforms on the last day.
As we stay in small coastal villages, and we only require one night’s accommodation at each village, the options available are very limited. The minimum pricing is based on 4 people sharing a bunk-room, or an apartment, or a 4-6 berth cabin in a caravan park.
Twin share is based on two people sharing a room in a cabin or the bunks in a cabin or a room in a house.
Single is based on one person in a room or bunk area.
Most cabins have a bedroom with a door. Due to limited availability of accommodations, singles and twins may still be expected to share the cabin (but not the bedroom) with one or two other hikers, who will occupy the bunk beds.
Note that bedding linen and towels are provided at every accommodation we stay at.
Please contact us if you need any assistance with selecting your preferred accommodation level.
There is only one meal included in the cost of the trip, that is a BBQ dinner at Minnie Waters on day 3. These are the arrangements for the rest of the trip:
· At Yamba there are shops and supermarkets to buy any needs. There are lots of restaurants, clubs and pubs for dinner, and in the morning, there are many cafes open for coffee and breakfast. There are no cooking facilities available at Yamba Hotel.
· Our accommodation at Brooms Head is near the General Store. You can buy items here for breakfast and lunch the next day, as well as snacks. In the evening we go to the Chinese Restaurant at the Bowling Club.
· At Minnie Waters there is a general store to buy goods for breakfast and lunch, the next day. There is no pub, club or restaurant at Minnie Waters, so I will cook a BBQ dinner, including beer and wine.
· At Wooli there is a general store close to our accommodation. There is also a pub close by, where we can have dinner.
All of our Yuraygir Hikes are supported by a vehicle and driver. On all Yuraygir hikes, a support vehicle will transfer your luggage (one pack or bag per person, up to 15kg) from accommodation to accommodation, and can also take passengers (if you want a rest day). You only need to carry a day pack while hiking each day.
If there are less than 6 hikers booked for the trip, then the tour will not proceed.
- Small backpack with waterproof cover
- One bag for luggage transfer
- Shirts, pants, shorts, underwear, socks
- Hiking shoes and comfy shoes/thongs/sandals for at the accommodation
- Hiking Pole(s)
- Rainproof jacket
- Swimsuit and micro towel
- Money and/or Debit/Credit Card
- Passport (if applicable), Visa (if applicable), Travel Insurance docs
- Phone and/or tablet, camera and chargers
- Toiletries and medication
- Food/snacks can be purchased each day
Meet at Sancrox (near Port Macquarie) at 10.45am on Day 1, or meet at Red Rock Store on the Corindi River (Lawson St) at 1.30pm. You leave your cars at Sancrox or near the store at Red Rock and take a private bus to Yamba for our first night’s accommodation.
At Red Rock, where your cars are parked, at about 3.30pm on Day 5. For those parked at Sancrox, we will arrive at around 5.30pm.