Sapa and Hanoi 7days 6 nights
To book or to make further enquiries please use the contact form by clicking the ‘Contact’ link below
Sapa and Hanoi - Located at 1500 meters (4921 feet) above sea level in Vietnam's remote northwest mountains, Sapa is famous for both its fine, rugged scenery and also its rich cultural diversity. Sapa is an incredibly picturesque town that lies in the Hoang Lien Son mountain range near the Chinese border in northwestern Vietnam, known as "the Tonkinese Alps". Sapa and its surrounding region is host to many hill tribes, as well as rice terraces, lush vegetation, and Fansipan, the highest peak in Vietnam. We’ll explore the villages around Sapa, and enjoy the hustle and bustle of Sapa and Hanoi.
Departure dates (With guide, tour starts from Hotel at Hanoi):
There are no set departure dates for this hike.
If you have your own dates, contact me and I will arrange as a self guided trip, or arrange and accompany if I am available (Minimum 6 people). For quotes and further information, please use the ‘Contact us’ form.
SAPA & HANOI - Itinerary and trip notes
- Meet at our hotel in Hanoi, in the old quarter, by 5.30pm. Tour briefing will be held at 6.00pm - Hanoi is alive! Lots of options for meals and entertainment.
- After breakfast we will do a 3 hour, 6km urban walk taking in some of the highlights of the French Quarter and the Old Quarter of Hanoi, including the Hanoi Hilton and the French Cathedral. PADS rating is 1.6 - After lunch we will board a bus for the 5 hour trip to Sapa - Our accommodation is at a hotel in Sapa
- After breakfast we head for a hiking tour of Silver Waterfall and surrounding areas. - Hiking in this area will be short and relatively easy. Views are stunning! - Our accommodation is at a hotel in Sapa
- After breakfast we hike from Sapa to Ta Van. The hike is about 13km and PADS rating is 2.3 - Lunch at a local cafe - Our accommodation is at Sapa Sisters homestay at Ta Van. Dorm style accomodation. Dinner and breakfast included.
- After breakfast we hike from Ta Van to Ban Mo. The hike is about 13km and PADS rating is 2.3 - Lunch at a local cafe - At the end of the hike, our bus will take us back to Sapa - Accommodation at a hotel in Sapa
- Today is a free day in Sapa - Explore the town, take the cablecar to Mt Fansipan, or spoil yourself at one of the local spas - At 5.00pm we take the bus from Sapa to Lo Cai. We’ll have time for dinner at Lo Cai before boarding the overnight sleeper train to Hanoi at about 9.00pm. Each sleeper accommodates 4 people.
- Our train arrives at Hanoi at about 6.00am - Transfer to the airport by bus or taxi from Hanoi station, for your flight home, or extend your holiday in Vietnam.
What to bring
- Small backpack with waterproof cover (for the hike)
- Shirts, pants, shorts, underwear, socks - warm clothes during colder months (Nov-March)
- Sturdy hiking shoes - hiking pole(s)
- Rainproof jacket and trousers
- Cash and/or Debit/Credit Card (ATMs at Sapa and Hanoi)
- Passport, Visa (if applicable), Travel Insurance docs
- Phone and/or tablet, camera and chargers
- Toiletries and medication
• Important to know
What is included
- All accommodation
- 5 breakfasts, 1 dinner
- Bus and train transfers to and from Hanoi to Sapa, and around Sapa - Luggage storage while hiking
- A guide for the trip
What is not included
- Airfares to Hanoi and return - transfer from Hanoi airport to Hotel and Hanoi train station to the airport
- 1 breakfast, all lunches and 5 dinners - optional cablecar ride to Mt Fansipan
- Passport, visa (if applicable) and travel insurance
$300 deposit secures your spot. For more information please contact us using the contact page.