Fully Guided 7 Day Hiking Tour
|Departure Date||Tour||Duration||Price||Group size|
|Contact us for more information. Private groups are very welcome!||Sapa, Vietnam||7 days 6 nights||From $AU1,490||We can cater for groups from 4-12 people.|
Frequently asked questions
The tour is 7 days and 6 nights and the cost is $AU1,490 per person, based on 10-12 in the group. For smaller groups, contact us for a quote.
What is included
- All accommodation
- 5 breakfasts, 1 dinner
- Bus and train transfers to and from Hanoi to Sapa, and around Sapa
- Luggage storage while hiking
- A guide for the trip
What is not included
- Airfares to Hanoi and return
- transfer from Hanoi airport to Hotel and Hanoi train station to the airport
- 1 breakfast, all lunches and 5 dinners
- optional cablecar ride to Mt Fansipan
- Passport, visa (if applicable) and travel insurance
Minimum group size is 6 guests, maximum is 12 guests plus the guide.
- Meet at our hotel in Hanoi, in the old quarter, by 5.30pm. Tour briefing will be held at 6.00pm
- Hanoi is alive! Lots of options for meals and entertainment.
- After breakfast we will do a 3 hour, 6km urban walk taking in some of the highlights of the French Quarter and the Old Quarter of Hanoi, including the Hanoi Hilton and the French Cathedral. PADS rating is 1.6
- After lunch we will board a bus for the 5 hour trip to Sapa
- Our accommodation is at a hotel in Sapa
- After breakfast we head for a hiking tour of Silver Waterfall and surrounding areas. Rated Easy to Moderate
- Hiking in this area will be short and relatively easy. Views are stunning!
- Our accommodation is at a hotel or homestay in Sapa
- After breakfast we hike from Sapa to Ta Van. The hike is about 13km and rating is Moderate
- Lunch at a local cafe
- Our accommodation is at Sapa Sisters homestay at Ta Van. Dorm style accomodation. Dinner and breakfast included.
- After breakfast we hike from Ta Van to Ban Mo. The hike is about 13km and rating is Moderate
- Lunch at a local cafe
- At the end of the hike, our bus will take us back to Sapa
Accommodation at a hotel in Sapa
- Today is a free day in Sapa
- Explore the town, take the cablecar to Mt Fansipan, or spoil yourself at one of the local spas
- At 5.00pm we take the bus from Sapa to Lo Cai. We’ll have time for dinner at Lo Cai before boarding the overnight sleeper train to Hanoi at about 9.00pm. Each sleeper accommodates 4 people. Twin share available for an extra charge
- Our train arrives at Hanoi at about 6.00am
- Transfer to the airport by bus or taxi from Hanoi station, for your flight home, or extend your holiday in Vietnam.
Bookings can be made online or manually. Click the ‘Book online’ button for online bookings. A deposit of $300 per person will secure your booking.
For manual bookings the bank details for the deposit are:
Home Comforts Hiking
Bookings can be made online or manually. Click the ‘Book online’ button for online bookings. The cost of the trip will be in $US. A deposit of $US300 will secure your booking. If less than 2 months before the start date of the trip, then payment in full will be required.
For manual bookings, I will send you a PayPal invoice. You do not need a PayPal account to make the payment. You just need a Visa or Mastercard to make the payment. Alternatively, you can pay in $AU through a money transfer company such as OFX or your bank, if it is cheaper. In that case use the bank details above.
Please see our full cancellation and refunds policy on the “Bookings” Page
The balance is due 2 months prior to the trip start date. If we cancel the trip due to Covid 19 travel restrictions, then we will refund your payment in full, or provide you with a credit to use on future hikes.
There are no refunds, due to cancellation by you, unless a replacement hiker is introduced by you (the person cancelling), to replace you. If a replacement is introduced in this manner, we will refund 75% of the total paid by you.
Overall the hike is rated moderate. There are some hilly sections to navigate, and some of the trails can be muddy. The routes chosen will be decided after consultation with the group, it can be easy, moderate or difficult, or a combination of these. We walk at a slow to moderate pace with plenty of breaks and opportunities to enjoy the sights, culture, villages, views, fauna and flora.
It is not compulsory to hike each day. If you prefer to have a rest day at any stage, this can be accommodated.
Our hike does not include Mt Fansipan, but you can visit the summit via a cablecar if you want during your free time.
- Breakfast is included each morning. Usually it is a mix of western and Vietmanese food.
- Lunch – Usually we can find a café on the trail to have some lunch. If no café is available, we will get some lunch from a general type store.
- There are many restaurants and cafes to choose from, located near our accommodations for dinner. Lunches and dinners are at your own cost.
- Snacks – please bring or purchase your own snacks and ensure you have sufficient water each day.
- On some hiking days in remote areas, meals will be provided
No, but luggage can be left in your room or at the hotel. You only need to carry a day pack while hiking.
- Small backpack with waterproof cover (for the hike)
- Shirts, pants, shorts, underwear, socks
- warm clothes during colder months (Nov-March)
- Sturdy waterproof hiking shoes – hiking pole(s)
- Rainproof jacket and trousers
- Cash and/or Debit/Credit Card (ATMs at Sapa and Hanoi)
- Passport, Visa (if applicable), Travel Insurance docs
- Phone and/or tablet, camera and chargers
- Toiletries and medication